Joel Perales Jr - Coach
Joel is highly considered as one of the top youth futsal coaches/trainers from Southern California. He has studied futsal with members from the Catalonian Federation in Barcelona and members from the Rio de Janeiro Federation in Brazil. He has combined all the key concepts and methods from both of the "futsal powerhouse" countries (Brazil & Spain) in which he has created a unique approach to futsal training and developing players. His advanced knowledge and experience has separated himself from other trainers, coaches, and diretors in Los Angeles County, Orange County, Riverside County and San Bernardino County. Joel has proven success by winning Regional titles, National titles, and winning international competitions, along with mentoring and training players who have made the U.S. National Team for both futsal and soccer (youth). He has successfully established one of the most successful futsal programs (Internationally recognized club) in Southern California within the matter of 3 years.
- B.A. in Business Administration, Finance, California State University of Fullerton.
- Holds a United States Soccer Federation (USSF) license and is certified through United States Youth Futsal (USYF).
- Futsal Coaching Certificate from the Futsal Federation of the State of Rio De Janeiro (FFSERJ)
- TOPS Soccer and NSCAA certified.
- Studied futsal at Flamengo in Rio De Janeiro during the Summer of 2017.
- Studied futsal in Barcelona with members of the Catalonian federation.
- Visited local clubs in Lisboa, Portugal December 2017.
- Coaching Education with the New York Red Bulls from 2012-2014.
- 2015 US Youth Futsal Southwest Regional Champions, Head Coach.
- 2016 US Futsal Northwest Regional Champions, Head Coach
- 2016 U12 Boys US Youth Futsal National Champions, Head Coach.
- Managed multiple teams in Barcelona during the SC Barcelona International Futsal Tournament in 2016.
- Worked with the futsal coaching staff at Flamengo ( Biggest club in Brazil) in Rio De Janeiro during the Summer of 2017. Volunteer staff for the Rio state competitions (youth divisions).
- Competed against Spanish & English futsal clubs in Barcelona December 2017 with the 2004 Boys Squad.
- CAL South ODP Scout and Coach 2014-15
- New York Red Bulls Youth Development Coach 2012-14.
- Fullerton College Men's Assistant Coach 2011-12.
- Montclair High School Boy's Program Coach 2007-12.
- Upland Celtic Club Soccer Boy's Coach 2009-10.
- Coached youth teams in CA, CT, FL, NJ, NY, and PA.
- Over 10 years of coaching experience in both futsal and soccer.
- Coached Dare Academy teams who competed against professional academies including: Tottenham Hotspurs,---Southampton FC, Reading FC, Cardiff FC, and other teams in the UK.
- Has a strong futsal and soccer network with teams, coaches, scouts in North America, South America, and Europe.
Joel currently resides in Claremont, CA. He also works for a local school district where he works with "at-risk students". He mentors student athletes at various school sights and develops after school programs. He has experience working with students from Pre-School to High school ages. He is currently looking to enter the field of special education which he has many years of experience through the school district and Claremont's Ability First program. He enjoys camping, nature, art, animals, and traveling. Joel is a "People person" and loves to meet new families and players.